Residential property law
Given the amendment to the Residential Property Act (Wohnungseigentumsgesetz, WEG) of 1st July 2007, which had a drastic impact on the course of court proceedings relating to residential property as well as the compulsory auction of residential property, expert advice and representation in matters relating to residential property law are indispensable.
This is particularly true for the property administrator whose contact with – frequently with defaulting – property owners but also with contractual partners of the community of owners brings about numerous problems.
Although, for example, the privilege of homeowner debts in compulsory auction proceedings resulting from the changes in residential property law and compulsory auction law allows their implementation in general, the delayed pursuit of arrears and thus the potential default of homeowner debt entails significant liability risks of the property administrator.
We represent both property administrators and also owners in all typical problematic situations like
- judicial and out-of-court recovery of homeowner arrears including debt enforcement
- representation of communities of owners in compulsory auction proceedings
- representation both of communities of owners and owners in residential property proceedings, in particular rescission proceedings
- consulting services for developers and other owners in the establishmentof residential property ownership, for example setting up the condominium declaration
- consulting services for the community of owners and individual ownersin cases like decision-making and agreement
- consulting services for administrators upon conclusion of a propertyadministration agreement